Mbot Ranger firmware at the same time with ir function

Hello,
i am driving around with the Ranger by using the app on a iPad. I expand the ranger with a ir receiver and write and upload an smal auriga program tot de Ranger. That program works with the ir remote. At that point the app will not connect anymore with the ranger.
i am looking for a way to use the ir for special controle things like the gripper on a ranger and drive at the same time while using the iPad app.

Is that possible or do i have to write also the driving part in de auriga program and controle everything by ir.

Regards, Jan

Hi Ducatifool,

The default program for Ranger is to let the mobile APP control the robot. If you upload the program with IR control to the robot, the default program will be cleared.
If you want to control the robot with both IR remote and mobile APP, you may need rewrite the source code of the Ranger default program (with Arduino software) which should be complicated. But you still can try it if you know very well about the Arduino program.
If you want to do graphical program with mBlock software, you may have to write also the driving part in the auriga program and control everything by ir.