mBot ranger doesn't execute BT commands

Hi, I have recently acquired a mBot Ranger.
I uploaded to it the most recent version of firmware through mBlock 3.4.11 on Mac connected via USB. I can normally control mBot through BT from MakeBlock on iPad. However, when I try to execute commands from mBlockBlockly on the same iPad, it does not respond. It looks like mBot receives commands (LED is flashing), but can’t do anything.
Batteries are fresh))
Please help!

You are sure that your iPad is properly paired with the Ranger and that it is not paired with any other device, correct?

Absolutely! Bluetooth led is ON after the connection is established. Moreover, It “responds” by blinking (blue led) when I press arrow to execute the command.

Strange, I just started up my Ranger, connected through the mBlock Blockly app via Bluetooth and was able to send commands and see them executed with no problem. You might want to make sure that the MakeBlock app isn’t up in the background because that might be interfering with the connection. Other than that, I guess @tech_support would need to get involved. :confused:

Hi Dimas,

As Charles suggested, please make sure the Makeblock APP is closed when you use the mBlock Blockly APP.

Once there is still the same problem, could you show us your program commands on the mBlock Blockly APP?
Besides, when you control the Ranger via Makeblock APP, do you tried the program commands edit by yourself?
If it is possible, could you take a video to show your operation and the behaves on the Ranger robot, which would be helpful to locate the cause. You can send the video to daisy@makeblock.com via pCloud transfer website.

Hi there!

I looks like I found interim solution. After I switched iPad language to English (from Russian) everything works fine. I can control Ranger from both iPad APPs in any way.

BTW English version of mBlock Blockly APP has quite different interface. Local version seems to be outdated.

Thanks to everyone!

Hi Dimas,

Glad to hear that you figured that out. It is true that the Russian version mBlock Blockly APP doesn’t support Ranger.
Here is the link where listed the supported language on this APP for Ranger robot:

Dear tech_support,

Actually, the Russian version mBlock Blockly APP supports Ranger.

It can connect via BT and communicate (led flashes when sending commands), but Ranger doesn’t execute commands - it does not move, flashes etc.

Hi Dimas,

Yes, you can see the panel page for the ranger. while it is automatically translate and generated which can’t control the Ranger robot properly. So actually, the Russian version mBlock Blockly APP doesn’t support the Ranger.

Ok, got it!
Not a big problem for me rather than for my 6yo daughter. But she’s getting it fast)))

And to switch to the English version fo your APP we need to change iPad language((

Hi Dimas,

That’s true, the APP can only switch language automatically according to the language settings of the mobile device.