mBot lights, sounds sporatic

I’m using the mBot iOS app and going through the tutorial with my kid. It’s connected ok via bluetooth.

trouble is it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to with sounds and lights. it will turn on the left light but not the right one consistently. it makes some sounds but not others. (I’m on the “ambulance” tutorial step).

anyone else seeing this??

Hi gajahduduk,

The mBot APP was offline, it is suggested to use the Makeblock APP or mBlock APP for mBot.
As for the tutorial, not sure which tutorial you are using, could you take a picture for the title page?

It’s the mBlock app for iOS. By tutorial, I mean “Story Mode”. On level 4-5 & level 4-6 you are supposed to use the repeat block to make the left light turn blue, play one half note, then right light turn blue, and play a different half note. It is programmed correctly, but the excution only turns on the left light, and either doesn’t play any notes at all, or plays one occasionally. In otherwords, it is not following the simple program correctly.

Hi gajahduduk,

For this issue, please upgrade firmware for mBot with latest version mBlock software first (you can refer to FAQ 1 in this post to upgrade firmware for mBot).
Then you can test it again.

Besides, we have published a new version mBlock APP yesterday, please download and install latest version mBlock APP.