Mbot doesn’t upgrade

Hello guys,

I am a newbie and just got an Mbot as a gift. I use a Mac and unable to upgrade the firmware while connecting the Mbot through the USB.

Will really appreciate inputs from the experts to solve this issue.

Thanks for your time and valuable suggestions in advance.

Hi Adhiraj,

What is the detailed problem you met while upgrading firmware?
If it is possible, please take a video to show your operation and the problem.

Besides, here is the post listing the FAQs of mBot to you for reference (you can find the correct steps to upgrade firmware or reset default program).

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am attaching a screen shot for reference. I maybe wrong but is it wrong serial port which is not upgrading or resetting the default program

Once again thanks for your time and valuable inputs.

Hi Adhiraj,

Yes, it is the wrong serial port of mBot for uploading or reset default program.
On your Mac computer, please download and install this arduino driver for Mac first.

Then the serial port for mBot should be similar to /dev/tty.wchusbserial1410 when it is connected to Mac with USB cable.

Thanks for the reply again. I did download the Arduino driver from the link as sent by you. After installation I am getting the same serial port as showing in the screenshot attached.

Further help required!

Thanks a ton for the time and assistance again

Hi Adhiraj,

What is the system version of your Mac computer? You may temporarily disable the Bluetooth function on the Mac have a try.
Besides, please also try following points:

1. If you have another USB cable, please change the USB cable have a try.
  2. Do you have another computer, if yes, please install mBlock and check if it can detect the mBot serial port.

Hi,

I have a v.1.1 mBot that I have updated the firmware via USB with mBot version 4.4.
Everything looks OK, the update says successful and I can use the mBot in the mBlock app. However, the IR controller does not work anymore and the pretty little music of the mbot when you open the Robot does not work anymore.

Do you have an idea ?

I redid the update with the same results. I should try with my tablet tonight.

Hi Crackel,

Upgrade firmware will clear the factory default program.
If you want to control the mBot with IR remote controller, you need reset default program for mBot again. Please refer to FAQ2 in mBot FAQ list to reset default program.