mBot 2.4 G vs Bluetooth versions

Hello,

I’d like to know why the mBot bluetooth version is not marked as suitable for classroom use whereas the 2.4 G version is? What’s the difference?

Thanks

The 2.4G Wireless Serial version uses automatic pairing between mBot and the Wifi dongle, so the PC and the mBot can quickly communicate.

Manually setting up a pairing with 20 mBots + 20 PC/Pads in a classroom will probably end in chaos :slight_smile:
There might be also delays or connection breaksdowns with so many bluetooth devices in a room.

If you only have a small number of robots, the bluetooth version might still work. Maybe tech support has some better recommendation.

Operating multiple Bluetooth mBots possible in a shared space?

Your response echoes my experience. You can do Bluetooth in the classroom, but it will take a little more effort and my experience was that we needed to do one mBot at a time. This may not be an issue if the group is small (>10), but in a larger setting it takes a bit of time to get everything set up properly.

Mbot for a class of 40 students

Hi

Thanks for the answers @Andreas & @chuckmcknight

What you said is pretty right.:smiley:

Hello, do you recommend bluetooth version for a 10 student classroom with 10 robots? do you have experienced any issue working with several mBots at the same time?

I will teach robotics and programming very soon and is good to know if i will experience any kind of trouble with this version of robots.

Thanks in advance

I’d go with the WiFI version myself. You can make the Bluetooth modules work, but unless you power the robots up one at a time, it’s hard to predict how they’ll pair up.

Can somebody please let me know, if I buy the 2.4g version, can I still use or get connected through my Bluetooth? At the begging will be used at home with wifi until get used to it, but then if going to a school competition may be bluethooth will need it to the connection. Can somebody help me with this? Thank you !!

If you buy the 2.4G version mBot, you can buy a extra Bluetooth module for mBot, then you can use the mBot with Bluetooth connection in the school.