Mblock and makeblock not compatible with this version

I am trying to install the mblock and makeblock apps on an Android 6.1 tablet. When I go to download them from the store it says “Your device isn’t compatible with this version”.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Or how I can find out? This is a brand new tablet. Is 6.1 too new for these apps? Is there some other hardware limit?

Thanks,

-Pete

Hi sandbender,

May I know the model name of your Android 6.1 tablet?
Do you have the same problem when try to download the Makeblock APPs on other mobile devices (like android smart phones)?

It is a Digiland DL721-RB tablet with a 7" display. Running Android 6.0.1.

Thanks for any help. I am trying to get some inexpensive tablets for use in a classroom setting. Any recommendations you have would be helpful.

-Pete

I looked at this a little more. I downloaded an APK file and it said it was the wrong CPU architecture. I’m guessing the app is for ARM and the CPU in my tablet is x86. I installed the Crosswalk app and installed the APK file and it ran. But I think it would make more sense for me to look for an ARM based tablet instead.

Hi sandbender,

The mobile devices with x86 CPU architecture does has worse compatibility than arm CPU architecture mobile devices. Nowadays, common used mobile devices use ARM CPU.

You can buy the currently common used tablet. The higher hardware configuration it is, the better compatibility it has.

Running into issues as well

Makeblock app will not connect with

specification
Operating system: Google Android 7.1 (Lollipop)
Display size: 7 ‘’ 1024x600 HD
Processor: 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core
Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB memory
Extend Memory: Supports Micro SD (TF) card expansion up to 32GB
Camera: dual camera, 0.3MP front, 2.0MP rear
Connection: Wireless N (802.11b / g / n), Bluetooth
Audio: built-in microphone, built-in speaker.
Battery: 2650mAh

confused and frustrated

Oh no. What does the tablet (and the robot) say? Which robot do you have? have the robot equipped with Bluetooth module and powered on? How the software interface looks like?

The app is not compatible with android 11 despite it saying android 5 and up.

Hi Makeblockfan,

Thanks for emailing us and glad to hear that makeblock apk file works on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 now.