Makeblock and the latest version of Apple IOS Sierra

Previously we were running makeblock 3.6 on the IMac

Upgrading to 3.8 gives the following

Makeblock 3.8 running and open

Switch off mbot connect USB to mbot IMac goes to black screen of death and eventually restarts. It should not crash the IMac the simple process of connecting the USB cable surely ?

I take the same USB cable to a windows machine running 3.8 and everything works as expected.

We were able to update our 10 Mbots successfully on the IMac running 3.6

Suggestions welcome

Tech support if you need the error log tell me where to find it and I am happy to email

Regards

John

Upgrade firmware not working
Mac Yosemite Serial Undetected

I’ve had that issue in earlier versions of mBlock and the mBot. So far I’ve been unable to track down why it happens, but I suspect it’s a driver issue.

Update: Ok, I can confirm (mostly) that it’s a driver issue that Winchipahead will need to solve for. The last few times Apple has updated OS X they seem to have changed something in the USB stack that causes the kernel panic (black screen of death).

@tec_support, the mBot will not work with OS X Sierra (10.12.0) due to some sort of conflict with the Winchipahead driver. I would strongly encourage Makeblock to contact them and see what is needed to resolve the issue. In the older version of the USB driver, the problem seemed to center on the driver being unsigned. I’m not sure if Apple has changed their signing practices or the USB stack, but until that is resolved attaching the mBot (and likely the other kits that require the Winchipahead USB driver) will cause OS X to crash.

Update: I’ve just corresponded with the gent running mac-usb-serial.com and he said their driver will be out in a few days. I’ll post about how it works after I get it.

I get fail when i'm trying to upload the code to makeblock

Hi John &Charles,

You may find a temporary solution to the MacOS Sierra problem in this page:

That seems to be working. Thanks for your quick response! :slight_smile:

Thank you Tech support for this

I regret upgrading to Siera, now i can’t have a stable mBlock.I can detect the Orion and MegaPi, while programming mBlocks crashes most of the time.