Make mBlock portable

Hello,
I tested the Alpha9 and it wants to install in a different directory than Alpha8, without directory choice :rage:

In French schools we have a lot of problem with IT, some doesn’t want to install mBlock3. But just simply copy-paste the mBlock folder permits to use it.

Can’t it be possible to have a ‘install as portable’ choice ?

Thanks.

Hi Seb,

Yes, Alpha 9 will automatically install to a different fixed directory with alpha 8, it avoids several serious software problems in this way.
For the other problem, since the mBlock software contained installing the CH340 driver, the portable installation package can’t be achieved, but we will try our best to optimize the installation process.

Hello sebseb,

Personally, I have a 128Gig SSD and another 1TB disk. The software installs in the SSD. I think the final version should be able to choose the destination. For the portable version, she would be welcome.

Finally, I am also waiting for the French version of the application.

Hi,
without idea of driver, why do you need to write to \user\appadata , why not in mBlock directory ?
It would be very welcome in France for our computer network installation.

Sorry for French version but I do have time to translate it this time, even on v3 I never finished to translate everything.

Hi, how can we help with the translation of V5.0.0-beta1.4 into French?

Hi sebseb & Michel,

Thanks for willing to help translate the french version mBlock 5. Here is an instruction providing the process.

As for the portable mBlock, I am unaware of the particular difficulties our engineer meet, but your application requirement has been feedback to them, they would consider it if there is a feasible method for them to achieve it.