Mac Yosemite Serial Undetected

Hello world,

I’ve some problem with Arduino and my Mac OSX version (Yosemite, as told in the title).

I tryed to install the driver for CH340G on my computer due to problem to put the program inside the board, but I’d got no result, then I tryed other ways.

First, the error message was “can’t open “/dev/cu.wch” no such file or directory”, then I used the terminal ( ls /dev/tty.* ) in order to look at the hardware connected to the computer, but I didn’t notice any changing with and without Arduino board.

After some research, I ran across a lot of website that didn’t work :
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=351999.0 <-- this topic gave a some piece of information, but none worked

I got no changes after trying these options, in spite of following as much as possible websites instructions.

After following the pieces of advices of the website https://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/5119/arduino-nano-no-serial-port-for-macbook-air-2013 I got a (really really) fat message from the terminal commande, but these lines were recurrent :

Referenced from: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/…/libexec/gcc/avr/4.9.2/liblto_plugin.so
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

The text in bold is the line which appear most often, but I didn’t find any solution for my OSX version (Yosemite)

If someone has an idea about the way I can solve that, I would be very grateful. If the ones who are paying attention to my message need pieces of information to understand my problem (screenshots, issues report,…), I’ll give it as soon as possible,

Thanks a lot!

This is an ongoing issue with OS X / MacOS. See this link. In essence, the older WinChipAhead driver wasn’t signed so it was difficult to get it to work. The driver referenced in the blog post appears to work for Yosemite and Sierra (no idea yet if it will work for High Sierra). The Makeblock boards use a less-expensive chipset for the serial port so you must install the signed WinChipAhead driver for it to work. The USB issue also affected my ability to work with stock Arduino boards as well, so it’s not just Makeblock. :slight_smile: