Looking for Mbot examples for kids Workshop Course

We are using mBot for our Summer Vacaation class in Robotics. I am looking for program examples for our kids to teach them mbot. So I am collection all possible examples and get a very good understanding in it and teach students.

Currently we have mBot kits, Servo Add On pack, Six legged Add on pack & 8 Module Electronics Add on Packs. So we are looking for examples using these resources.
Kindly help us to find some good exaples using mBots, its sensors and these Add on packs.

The age group of Students attending the workshop includes students from age 7 to 15.

Inaddition to mBot we also use Scratch Programming with Arduino Boards, Legos machines kit for small kids.
Also appreciate your advices and comments regarding lessons, examples that can be included, & also share any tips that might be helpful for us

Thanks

I published an eBook "A Gentle Introduction to Robotics Vol. 1 : mBlock and the mBot that several educators have found useful. It is focused on just the base mBot kit and mBlock, starting with turning the LEDs on and off and ending with a maze solving robot. If you are interested in looking at it, it’s here. If you are interested in it, I have an educational discount that I can send you to reduce the cost of multiple copies.

Your best bet on a lot of the examples you mention are on the Makeblock OpenLab site and there is some good info on the Makeblock Learning site as well.

thank you chucknight

we are intrested in your book and we hope to make a purchase. Do you offer to purchase an online or kindle version of it ? if so I can make an immediate purchase… we are based in middle east and I am afraid we do not have enough time for shipping it to here. our classes starting next week.

if you have any online version available please let us know. we are ready to get it asap
and Thanks for the Other links as well

Cheers

Hi @alshi,

The book is an eBook so you can purchase it online. I recommend getting it at Leanpub (https://leanpub.com/agitr_v1) because you will get versions for the Kindle (.mobi), an ePub version, and a print-ready PDF file. I’m currently working on the second volume that focuses on programming the mBot using the Arduino development environment, but that volume is a few months away from publication. However, it will be priced about the same and will be available from the same source.

The sales proceeds from the book go to fund kids robotics in my area so any purchases are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Chuck

We have created a basic and advanced mBot workshop for kids which is open source and can be download at https://github.com/Devoxx4KidsDE/workshop-mbot

cheers
Stefan

Visit the challenges section on Juegos Robotica. Is in spanish, but I’m sure you will unterstand most of the content.

By the moment there are challenges about music, games and even a maze sover.

Hi, I teach robotics and coding and train teachers and have lots of complete modules and activities with powerpoint slides and instructional videos designed for novice teachers to deliver fun robotics. They are free and available at stemacademy You are most welcome to use them.

Hi, we just so happened to have started this year with teaching on the mBots for our summer camps at a college in Canada here, and i just finished a week of teaching grades 4-6 how to program the mBot… we started with some brief theory on Robotics, Sensors and Actuators then moved on to programming as they now understood how the sensors and actuators work and are used. if you’d like more info let me know