Laser stopped working - on Makeblock XY plotter

Everything was working perfectly. Then I disconnected the XY plotter and reformatted my machine with Windows 10. Reinstalled Benbox (then mDraw) applying the appropriate firmware. The Pen seems to be working fine and draws pictures, but the laser won’t turn on. Fan on the laser spins but no light. In Benbox I attempt to just turn on the laser to see it but nothing appears. Loading and image and running it no light, but the motors work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Hi Bryan_Tuttle,

Do you mean the Laser stop working on both the benbox software and mDraw software after you connected it to another PC?
You may switch the two small wires (red and black) into the yellow interface have a check:

Yes, the laser stopped working in both software.

Sorry I don’t understand your response regarding the red and black.

This is the same computer that it was working on. I just reinstalled Windows on it and reconnected the USB and power into the board. Then I reinstalled both Benbox and mDraw. In both applications the X and Y motors and Pen work, however when switching to Laser, only the fan on the laser turns on. No light.

The main wiring was untouched. With the following exception. I had unplugged the Power, USB and cable from the M2 to the black box the laser was connected. I reconnected like in the wiring diagram once I reinstalled windows. then it no longer worked.

Hi Bryan_Tuttle,

For this issue, the two small wires inside the black wire which connected to the black box should be reversed.
If there is no small red wires, there should be two black wires or gray and black wires.Please see the red marked on the picture below:

You can loose the screw on the yellow connection interface and switch the two small wires, then screw it again have a check.

Unfortunately there is no change - Only fan comes on Laser after switching wires in connector. Any other Ideas?
I can post a video or pictures if that helps?

Hi Bryan_Tuttle,

It would be good if you can take a video to show the details.

Besides, what is the Power value you have set when using mDraw software? You may make this value larger have a check.

You may also try Upgrade firmware for XY plotter again when use mDraw software and also foucs the beam for the laser have a check.

I will setup the video as discussed. In the meantime I did in fact reload up the firmware for mDraw at 100% for laser but to no change. I slowly twisted the focus all the way until it stopped, then focused Slowly in the other direction until the lens fell out of the laser - nothing. Still no light.

Here is the link to the video showing that the laser is not working.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnAHfuHE-95QnV3TgdRORb6Kj-aK

Step 1. Open mDraw,
Step 2. Change to XY plotter.
Step 3. Open Sample drawing
Step 4. Press Play to draw with Pen (this works)
Step 5. Enable Laser
Step 6. Set laser power to 100%
Step 7. Reduce delay
Step 8. Pre Play to BURN - nothing - no light. Twisting focus does nothing

Hi Bryan,

Do you have other laser to switch have a try?
Besides, please send the receipt for purchase the laser to email: tec-support@makeblock.com.

Sorry I only have the one laser. I will send my receipt as you requested.

Hey guys??? Where did you go? I emailed you my receipt and you went dark. What do I do next?

Hi Bryan_Tuttle,

Sorry about the trouble.
I have checked the inbox and didn’t find your email. I will send an email to your email address, please reply my email with the receipt have a try.

Hi. I just sent 2 more copies. Isn’t easier or is there a way to just lookup the invoice I paid directly to Makeblock?

Hello there? Did you receive the copy of the invoice? Is there anything more I can do here? Can you send me a laser to test with?

Is there.anyone out there?? Weeks of not getting anywhere. How do I return the laser please?

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the delay since we were on National day.
I have checked the inbox and still didn’t received your email.
Did you receive my email (daisy@makeblock.com) which sent to your email address (bryan_tuttle@hotmail.com).
We have checked your order record and send you another email with detailed info, please kindly check it.
Please kindly add my skype account (1021306172@qq.com) and let me know if you still cannot receive the email.

I have sent you directly the copy to daisy@makeblock.com. I have attempted to connect to you on Skype.

some lasers are not good quality…

you may have a look Endurance lasers: