How do I increase working area in xy plotter

HI,
Kudos to the team behind XY Plotter. This is really an awesome product. I’m working on a project where I require larger working area(2500mm dimension) than specified default working area. In order to achieve this specification what are the changes that I need to perform in both software and hardware. Thank in advance.

Thanks for your questions. Theoretically you can achieve it by extending the mechanical parts and adjust the accuracy. We don’t have demo for you, but our product manager - Albert assembled a mini xy plotter as follow.

You can free your imagination to try it first, if you encountered any issues, feel free to contact with albert@makeblock.cc to get help.
If you make it successful, don’t forget to share it on this forum!
Thanks
Una

Thank you for your help. I will be happy to share if I succeed. Once again Thank you.

check out my latest post…

i asked the support how to increase the working area. I asked is it possible to combine 4 plotters into 1. The answer was NOPE it not possible because of mecanical parts issues which are not available so far.

This looks awesome !
I’m working on a A2 version, will share pics also :slight_smile:

@una, we need the svg “scale” problem fixed in mdraw, any update on this ? :wink: :wink: