How do I fine tune my mGiraffe 3d Printer

I have been playing with my mGiraffe for few weeks. Manually leveled the
bed (as shown in mGiraffe debugging video). Printer prints beautifully but printing small parts like gears and joints isn’t possible without fine tuning the printer.
I’m trying to print this fish:

I have tried slic3r, cura and simplify 3d programs all of them give me the same results.

Slic3r first layer:

mGiraffe bottom print pice of first few layers:

as you can see there is some sort of mismatch during printing process.

when printing is done whole print is glued to one piece and its not flexible or bendy because of the joint shift as seen in the first few layers of the print.

Does any one know what might cause this problem and how to solve it?

Hi Poviliukas20,

There is no fine tune for the mGirrafe 3d Printer.
You may refer to this video to adjust the level more times to check if you can make this situation better.

I have calibrated the bed so that the nozzle height between the bed is 0.1 mm at any lowest given point of the printer. I have tried to reassemble the printer and swapped the motors between one and other to see if there was any problem with them or the way I have build it. After disassembling and reassembling the printer I Still get the same result. I have mElephant 3D printer and it prints the same fish perfectly. I have spent countless hours trying to get that fish to print correctly on my mGiraffe. Wasted lots of PLA plastic and searched for similar problems on 3D printing forums and couldn’t find anything similar. I can only tell you that bed leveling doesn’t have anything to do with this (even if I print it on a raft results is same, some how joins shits to one side and all the joins are glued together as you have seen in previous photos). I just can’t figure out what might be the problem. Valuable suggestions are welcome. Thnx.

This fish is printed with my mGiraffe:

Yes you are right there is no fine tune I was just figuring out how to get my printer working properly. One thing to know about setting up mGiraffe. When you are sure that you have assembled everything correctly and symmetrically(also check guide-rail slide) you need to make sure that the rod joint bearings have really low friction the thing I have done was to rub the metal bearings with oil. After I have rubbed them the print quality have increased dramatically. Makeblock please next time make better quality rod bearing so that people like me would need to struggle so much on getting 3D printer working normally like it suppose to out of the box. When I used auto leveling functionality the max bed size I was able to print on was about 8x8 cm. When using auto leveling make sure that red led on auto leveling sensor lights up every time the print head goes up and down from one grid point to another while auto leveling. To get big things printed I have used manual leveling functionality.

This is a replay to some one who has same problem like I did.

Great job and thanks for your sharing. The oil does make the guide-rail slide run more smoothly.
Thanks for your suggestions, we will record it.

The main thing is to oil rod joint bearings

Hi can you help me with leveling video please.