Erreur .org.java

Hi,

I really need your help and expertise,The problem concerns a park of more than 6000 computers under SEVEN.

For an educational use, i have to install the mBlock (3.4.5) software on college computers, but when uploading to arduino, the interface of arduino does not launch …

With arduino_debug, I get:

Loading configuration…
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecutor.java:377)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:160)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:147)
at processing.app.windows.Platform.getFolderPathFromRegistry(Platform.java:70)
at processing.app.windows.Platform.recoverSettingsFolderPath(Platform.java:55)
at processing.app.windows.Platform.init(Platform.java:50)
at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:153)
at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:137)

Thanks.

Two possible causes (I think) :

• mBlock doesn’t found the arduino executable. Be sure the Arduino IDE is in the “Arduino” subdir and please verify If your user can execute it (on my computer I have to run it with admin privileges)
  • The user’s session on your 6000 computers are not administrator, so it can be a problem to call the arduino program for uploading in arduino (same problem in a French School, the professor have to open sessions in administrator mode because of network admin restrictions). A simple user can not write in the temp directories where the arduino sketch is write (convert by mBlock) before uploading.

This error provide from the Arduino program (from the logger, you can see it’s a java error, mBlock is write with actionscript, not java) and not from mBlock. mBlock call the arduino program to compile and upload the sketch, you problem is probably an arduino executable permissions problem.

Thanks for yours answers. I think i actually have a rights issue on a directory because when i log in as administrator it works fine. Now i just have to find this directory

it’s in the user directories “C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\mBlock” for BETA V4 or “C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.makeblock.mBlock.v3.2.2\Local Store” for v 3.X ==> the temporary arduino sketches are write here

So it’s probably a write permission problem for the “C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.makeblock.mBlock.v3.2.2” directory

So you can try to create a program, save it, upload to arduino and just look if the temporary sketch (a new directory or file) is created in “C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.makeblock.mBlock.v3.2.2”. If not, it’s the problem. If yes, I think it’s a rights problem to call the “arduino.exe” in the mBlock directory (Program files)

Hello, thank you for your help and advice. I found, and it wasn’t a rights problems on a directory. in fact, at college, we have a software that manages accounts and security, to prevent students ans teachers from crashing computers. So i had to go into security strategies, give them the right to change the registry.