Could not create sketch - mbot upload error to mcore/mbot

hi, for some reason i suddenly getting an error, could not create sketch, failed to create …

i have the latest mblock, updated firmware, installed driver, etc…
also, i dont see any preferences to double check permissions on the temp folder being used to create sketch?
thanks
m

Hi Magicmarc,

Is there any issue when upgrade firmware and reset default program for mBot?
Please refer to these instructions to make sure you operate correctly and choose the correct board and serial port.22. How to Upgrade Firmware for mBot.docx.zip (407.6 KB)
23.How to reset default program manually.docx.zip (404.1 KB)
Please note: You may need temporarily remove the Bluetooth module while upgrade firmware and reset default program.

Once there is still error message, please change the USB port/USB cable between PC and mBot have a check.

ill try it out later today, thank you.

thanks tec sppt! i was able to connect properly, upgrade firmware, and load defaut program.
question, how often do we need to do the firmware updates? when is the firmware updated, each new version of mblock for windows version?
thanks
m

Hi Magicmarc,

When there is a new version of mBlock, it is suggested to reset default program for the robot with new version mBlock software if you want to control the mBot with IR controller or mobile APP.
Every time you want to do mBlock program online test, you need upgrade firmware for the mBot with mBlock software first.

Normally, not every new version mBlock will update default program or firmware, but it is suggested to update for the robot when there is a new version mBlock.