Circuit Board Spark

Hi

I have had a mbot for awhile and just recently, I accidentally ran the screwdriver along the top and it sparked and died. I can still turn in on and Bluetooth module lights up and works ( tho it won’t connect bc the main part of the board won’t load the default program) and, I can click the reset button, which will blink but, everything else (eg. Remote, lights, sound etc) will not work

Is there a way to replace the board for free?

Is there a way to fix it D.I.Y?

Do I have to buy another motherboard?

Thankz
-Tim

Ps, I think the spark happened around the main chip in the middle. Not sure if this helps.

Hi ITTim,

I am afraid the chip may be burned during a short while screwdriver touch the electronic part.
Anyway, you can check if you can reset default program for it with mBlock software. 2.How to reset default program manually.docx.zip (677.9 KB)
If always says upload failed, then the board should be faulty. In this case, I am afraid that you need buy a new mCore board since this kind of damage is not in the free warranty scope. Hope you can understand!

Btw, are you sure you are using the mBot robot? Could you please take a picture for your robot? Thanks!

-tec_support

Thanks for the reply, really does help a lot.

I was gonna see if I could get one for free but, decided I should check here first. Glad i did! I haven’t been able to test to see if the default program will load. I got my laptop taken away XD. But, I will try when I get it back. I will provide a picture once I get home.

-ITTim