Cannnot upload program to mbot robot by mblock v3.3.1

new but related problem.
I start up blocky but it does not see COM3.
It is still visible in windows 8 device manager.
I have tried the following.
exit mblock and restart it.
exit mblock delete the directory C:\Users[YourUser]\AppData\Roaming/cc.mblock.3.3.1, restart blocky but the port does not show up.

The last thing I did before it disappeared was click the ‘edit with Arduino’ button in mblocky. I have not seem the COM3 since I first noticed when I tried to upload my modified program and it failed. I then tried to reconnect to serial port and that is when I noticed it missing.
Any suggestions?

Oops, connector came loose to usb connector.
Surprised that windows did not de-register the usb device.
I tried rebooting windows 8 and when it came up it did not list the com3 connection. So I powered up and down the mbot and that made no change. Then I unplugged and re-plugged it. When I did that windows made a noise indicating a new usb device. I re-looked at device manager and com3 was there and it was in bmlock as well.

This was not a mblock problem. It is maybe a windows problem maybe. But definitely user error.
So, no problem here. Thanks for help you have provided so far.

To JCarlos, thanks for info on com3 port assignment.

Also you can use mBlock with Linux. Take a look at this post in our spanish forum and if you don’t understand it let me know and i’l translate all steps:

Thank you for all of your information!

For the Java.IO.EXception error that occur when uploading the program to mbot robot by mblock v3.3.1 running on Windows 7 Home Premium PC that I post at the beginning, could anyone figure out what problem is it and how to resolve it? Thanks!

Hi Chi_Man,

I added a few steps to JCarlos’ solution and it worked for me:

1- Close mBlock
2- Open file explorer and go to C:\Users[YourUser]\AppData\Roaming
3- Remove all folders starting with cc.mblock.
4- Uninstall mBlock
5- Uninstall Makeblock Board Driver
6- Restart PC
7- Install mBlock 3.3.0 (not 3.3.1)

I didn’t need to upgrade firmware.

Hi…
I have a Starter Robot Kit - IR version. It works fine with factory programmed commands. Moves and turns when pressing left, right, up, down buttons on the IR remote.

I was able to connect the mBot to mBlock 3.3.1 using the serial mode. The status shows as connected.

However, none of the commands from mBlock are working. For example, when RunForward at speed 50 doesn’t move the mBot. I haven’t even got to a stage where i want to upload a program to mBot. I am trying if the mBot responds to any commands from mBlock.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks

Hi satishvarmas,

Please upgrade firmware for mBot with mBlock 3.3.1 first. Here is the instruction.Upgrade Firmware and Upload Program for mBot.zip (860.4 KB)

Then please try RunForward at spped 100. Actually this value is just a ratio. When this value is small, the motor may not get enough power to rotate.

Thanks a lot. It worked. I appreciate the quick response.

Now, I have a different problem…
My IR remote commands are not working. The mBot responds to commands when connected through serial cable, but when i successfully loaded program to mBot, it wouldn’t work.

I loaded a simple movement commands and they don’t work with my IR remote key presses!

Now the previously working left, right, forward, backward commands are not working either as that seems to be the program that was on the mBot to start with!!!

Any next steps to check?

Hi satishvarmas,

Do you mean that with the USB cable connected between PC and mBot, the mBot will move when press the key on IR remote control?

After you reset default program for mBot, does the IR remote control work on the mBot (keep the mBot disconnected from USB cable and Powered on)?

Besides, could you paste the program you programmed?

Hi…
When mBot is connected to PC with USB cable, the bot would move when i run any commands from mBlock script window. Following program runs fine when i click the green flag in mBlock.

After loading the program below successfully and disconnecting the mBot from PC. When pressing the button A on IR remote control, nothing happens. I see the blue LED on the IR sensor glowing when i press the button on remote control.

When loaded the default program->mBot , the mBot would continuously move forward and wouldn’t respond to any IR remote control commands. I have to turn the mBot off to stop it from moving forward continuously.

Note: I had similar IR remote control issues right out of the box when i purchased. Tech support (Pioneer Chen) helped me fix it by updating some driver and then it worked. I haven’t touched the mBot since then and picked it up only few days back to start some work on it and now having same issue.

Thanks.

Hi Satishvarmas,

Please try following program:

Besides, please make sure there is enough power from battery supply to mBot when the USB cable is unplugged.

This didn’t work either. Please give me a skype id if possible to chat

Hi Satishvarmas,

My skype account is 1021306172@qq.com

Yes, that might be interesting to try.
if the steps are simple if you can translate to English thanks. Looks like it might use wine as there emulation layer.

FYI: I was able to connect with arduino ( v1.6.6)software on linux. This has been working great After I installed the mblock libraries.

Thanks again for your help earlier.

Oops this was a reply to a message on Jul 5 about 30d ago.

hi i have the same problem but i use mac

Julio,

May I know the details of the problem you meet? You cannot upload the program to your robot?
Which robot do you have and which mBlock version you use?

hi i use the basic version of the mblock the version is 3.3.1

Hi Julio,

Please download the latest version mBlock 3.4.2 from this link:http://learn.makeblock.com/en/software/
If the issue is uploading program to mBot failed, please upgrade firmware for mBot first and then upload your program ha ve a try.1. How to Upgrade Firmware for mBot.docx.zip (690.6 KB)
Kindly paste your program and error message if upload still failed.

Hi everyone last hour i uploaded a progam,the robot uploaded the progam but the robot does nothing when i press the buttton.I’m i missing something?

Thanks already!
I’m using the robot starter kit (

Meorion)