Airblock will fly for 1-2 seconds and crashs

Hi all,

at first my airblock was performing well. But after only one day it will not fly.

Firmware is up to date, calibration done when LED is green-green-red says it is ok, but when you start the drone and hit UP, motors will howl, drone starts to gain maximum 50-80 cm height for 1-2 seconds and then all motors are going instantly off and the drone crashes.
Hovercraft mode works as expected.
I have tried many approaches / hints from the forum to no avail.
At last I removed all motors and tested the outputs from the control “block” with voltmeter when moving the controls. It showed me up to 7,5 V.
So I used stabilized power supply and tested all motors. At 7.5 V they will draw about 0.52 A and howl properly creating some airflow.

All of them but one - the “RED DOT” is drawing more, but rotates slowly (just like “standard” on). Compared to this the other motors will be in “fly mode” at this current/voltage - howling and producing steady airflow.

Is this normal? What can I do?

Thank you very much in advance for you help!

Emil

Hi emtcho,

When all the motors are going instantly off, is the Bluetooth still connected between the airblock and mobile APP?
And what are the light status on the main control module when the motors off?

On the other description, you said the aircraft head power module has slower rotating speed than the other modules, normally, in this case, the airblock won’t be able to fly up for 50~80cm.

If it is possible, could you also take a video to show your operation and the behave on the airblock?

Hi again,

thank you for the fast reply.

1. Yes. Bluetooth is still connected
  2. Lights are “normal” red-green-green (see attached video)

There is one further thing - see second video.
When you start with only 5 motors attached (you have to hold the drone in place) and then attach the “red dot” it all goes off very similarly. So common sense suggest it must be some issue with the red dot motor.

But it may be also something else. Any help appreciated.

Once again thank you very much

Emil

Video_1.zip (3.2 MB)

Video_2.zip (4.0 MB)

Hi emtcho,

We have checked the second video, but we can’t tell the issue is on the on the red dot power module or on the Port 1 of the Main control module. Could you please help confirm it by the following way:

1. Switch the position for the red dot power module and another power module (which has red propeller).
  2. Do the same test as the second video, please check if all goes off when attach the other power module (which has red propeller) to Port 1 on the main control module?
    Besides, please also check if all goes off when attach the red dot power module to the other ports (like port 3 or port 5) on the main control module?

Hi again,

I have done as suggested and it seems to me, that the “red dot” is the culprit.
No mater to which of the possible ports the red dot is connected it goes of almost instantly.
As you can see (2-nd video) the other motors are rotating well (inertia) after switched off, not so the “red dot”. It goes off and stops rotating almost immediately.

I think that the red dot has some kind of physical damage, bad bearing, may be even bent shaft internally. And thus not able to rotate fast/well. This also will explain why it is drawing more power. May be it is causing overload to the driver circuits and they are shutting down in order to prevent overheating and damage.

So what are the options? Is it possible to obtain single / another “red dot”? Ordering and pricing? Or may be there can be some kind of warranty?

Thank you very much!

Emil

Hi emtcho,

In this case, the aircraft head power module should be faulty.
According to the airblock warranty, there are six month warranty for the master controller module. Since the power modules are consumable parts, only replace the defective parts upon receiving for free. Users could simply purchase new power modules to replace the damages during use. Here is the purchase link for the aircraft head power module.

Hi again,

this is just feedback.

I purchased new head power module and it was delivered today.

With the new module everything works again like a charm.

Once again thank you very much for your help

Very best regards

Emil

Welcome!
Thanks for your feedback!